Monday, March 17, 2008

Weeds

Over the weekend, I watched the entire first season of the Showtime series "Weeds". It's the only other TV show I've watched besides "The Office" that actually makes me laugh out loud. The series follows a soccer mom in a California suburb who decides to sell pot after her husband dies of a heart attack.

It's crude. It's obnoxious. It's extremely non-P.C. But above all, it's brilliantly written. I even love the intro song:



What really weirds me out is how one of the kids on the show was the voice of "Nemo". Strange, because he says very non-Nemo things.

Are you out there, Brent? Have you seen this show? If not, you need to. You'll love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the concept. I pretty much gave up on television when they dropped That's My Bush after September 11. These days it's always either Cops or America's Funniest Videos if I get to pick (honey can't believe the way I laugh at America's Funniest Videos, it's like I'm retarded or something, but I just can't stop laughing) or design shows or makeover shows if Honey gets to pick. Mostly she gets to pick. (And I never accuse her of being retarded, you know?)

I'll check Weeds out from the library sometime, though. Just because you recommended it. So don't recommend anything dumb, OK?